Rapunzel

So this is a new assignment for Illustration class, the assignment was simple to do a fashion illustration. I had actually forgot to come up with anything or make thumbnails for the assignment. So i was quickly trying to whip some stuff together during class. Understandably most of the ideas were pretty shitty, but I was ready to present them either way and maybe bullshit enough to make them sound good.

That is until i came up with making a nice fashion illustration of a girl wearing her hair as clothes. But not simply covering herself with her hair like a cliche, but an actual dress out of hair. I wanted to see if i could make it almost like an illusion were you go "Hey that dress is kinda funny looking... Oh! it's her hair!". Maybe to make people do a bit of a double take.

In the end it's not much of a dress, more like a long night gown. I guess I got too caught up in making it look sexy.


I'm going to add some color on top of the line work in Photoshop, im going to try and add it in a way that it doesnt take away from the inking.

Also I named her Rapunzel after a week of working on it and it finally dawned on me that thats pretty much who I've been drawing. Some kind of sexy, naked Rapuzel.