ROSE THORN

So, a lot of stuff has been going on. Thanks to Art in the Park I met a business partner that runs a clothing factory and wants to work together with SuarezArt to bring some new life, fresh blood, and sick art to his business.

We've been building some brands and clothing lines, I think I've drawn more these last 3 weeks than I have my whole life. I don't know if that says something about how much work I've done now, or how lazy I was then...


Anyways most of the stuff is hush hush but I will post the things that are Suarezart related.




This girl was drawn on my first day in. I just went at it like no tomorrow.

We wanted a design to be unique, so he showed me this screen printing process that actually prints around the neck hole, and that set off my creative juices. 

From there I started thinking what would look best draped around your neck. What would look cool? I started thinking Mucha, and hair. I love drawing hair, but I needed something cool so I wanted some barbed wire/thorns because I also wanted a flower as a design element.

This is the final shirt design, the thorn and rose are gold foil. There might be a few changes during production, but I think this is strong.



And here's she is all nice and fixed up ready for a poster. This process is much more difficult to explain because it's mostly trial and error, throwing layers and all kinds of stuff on top of each other until something pops out to me.

It's actually usually the funnest part!



Print is available here, and follow me on facebook to receive updates on when the shirt is available!

/    PRINT   /   FACEBOOK   /   TUMBLR  /